Salary -Commensurate with Experience-
Region: Mid-Atlantic States
Industry: CON-Convenience Store/Petroleum Marketing
This company is currently operating more than 1,100 company owned convenience stores in over seventeen states. These convenience stores have a wide array of food offerings, a house blend of coffee, fountain and packaged beverages, a large selection of groceries, tobacco and alcohol. They believe in giving back to the communities they do business in by supporting local community causes and events including family crisis support and youth sporting events.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Category Manager position is responsible for developing category plans that maximize the category goals and objective of the company that includes sales, margin, profit, customer traffic, market basket in turn meeting the overall goals of the company
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage suppliers to determine specifications and requirements for products and services through constant communication with cross-functional teams of category and department managers to meet the financial and physical performance requirements for the company.
• Interview potential suppliers and determine if supplier is qualified to produce and/or supply products or services. Includes a review of supplier’s production capability, ability to meet deadlines, and financial background.
• Negotiates with all suppliers to obtain the lowest possible cost including cost, terms, promotions, support, guarantees, etc.
• Coordinates and takes part in presentation to District Managers, Store Managers and Department Managers, etc.
• Completes detailed category reviews by company, division and region on a regular cycle
• Manage a retail strategy to meet sales and margin objectives
• Ability to seek out new items quickly and go to market fast.
• Strong negotiating skills
• Good sales abilities and persuasion skills are a must. Must be able to interface effectively with all levels of management. Sensitive to confidential information, problem solving and analytical ability.
POSITION WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CENTER STORE CATEGORIES:
Confectionary, salty snacks, sweet snacks, cakes, bread, DSD snacks, beef snacks
Development of new programs such as private label candy (in process) private label snacks, update of fresh fruit program, seek out and review of new merchandising vehicles
Assist in the implementation and strategic planning of new loyalty program rollout in 2018
The qualified candidate will possess the following: Establish strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for product and services. Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of the organization. Research, analyze and monitor financial, technological and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity. Determine agencies and suppliers of record and negotiate contract terms and conditions for major services. Ensure effective control of marketing results and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
College degree required, or some college and 2 year minimum multi-unit management experience in convenience store retail operations.
Previous negotiation and purchasing experience. Category management experience required.
Multi level retail marketing experience. Convenience stores experience required.
Physical Demands/work environment:
Predominantly a typical office environment. Some overnight travel will be required.
Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable car or other motorized vehicle.
Contact: Kimberly Staehle